I learned more from Mary Lynne in two hours than I did in 6 weeks of classes with another instructor! The one-on-one lesson is a wonderful way to get what YOU want out of your camera and pictures.
Mary Lynne is patient and persistent at the same time. She always encouraged me to get the shot I wanted and taught me lighting, composition and technique at the same time.
Can’t wait for more one-on-one time with Mary Lynne!
Private Photography Lessons, Tutoring, Mentoring in Colorado Springs or Online
Do you want to get more out of your DSLR camera? Do you want to start acquiring the skills you need to achieve your creative photographic vision?
I have 17 years experience as a professional photographer, and have turned much of my attention in recent years toward helping people get the most out of their cameras. Although I can help with just about any digital camera, I specialize in DSLR cameras. My goal is to help you walk away with more knowledge and confidence, so you can begin to capture the images you want to create, instead of just sort of hoping the camera will get it right.
Do you fall into one of these categories? If so, we might be a fit!
- New camera owners.
- Parents wanting better photos of their kids or pets.
- People who need to take photos of the products they sell Etsy.
- People who want to create their own photos for their blog instead of having to purchase stock photos.
- People pursuing a hobby in photography.
- People wanting to document a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
- Photographers who have started or are wanting to start a photography business.
- People who need help setting up a studio lighting kit.
Also, if you are an absolute beginner, that is totally fine! So many people who get in touch with me worry that they don’t know enough to even take a class, but novices make up the majority of my students, so don’t let that stop you. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I am perfectly happy to start at square one.
On the other hand, I also work with pros who’ve been working in the industry for a while, but just need some help understanding certain concepts to help them further their skills.
My private in-person photography lessons are $125 for two hours, and you can bring along a friend or family member for just an additional $25.
My group classes are fewer and far between these days, but I will announce any new dates.
Private tutoring sessions are tailored to your needs and interests. I can cover a basic camera orientation, or can delve into lighting concepts and other topics aimed at improving your photography.
The best way to contact me to schedule or inquire about my classes and lessons is through email at MaryLynneAshley@gmail.com.
My credentials include:
- Master Photographer
- Photographic Craftsman (recognized by Professional Photographers of America for contributions to the industry)
- Member of the Professional Photographers Guild of Colorado Springs
- Published multiple times in Professional Photographer Magazine
- Published multiple times in PPA’s annual Loan Collection.
- Over 17 years as a professional photographer
- Have taught photography to over 500 people
To schedule a lesson, contact me at MaryLynneAshley@gmail.com, or 719-205-7236 (and I’ll admit that like many busy moms, email is almost always the fastest and easiest way to reach me).